Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Niagra Falls of Information"

So this week has been, as my friend Alee put it, "The Niagra Falls of Information." Constant lectures on how to be safe in Nantes, and how to figure out how many credits each class gets, and how to use futur anterieur, and more and more and more.
The past couple of days have also been full of things like getting bus passes, buying food for lunch, and other fun errands like that! Luckily, I do have friends with whom I can run around centre-ville! Today we had a very long "tour historique" of Nantes, including the cathedral, the château, the place that had the guillotine, the center of the slave trade (all of which was very interesting) unfortunately, I cannot tell you all the interesting things after the center of the slave trade because all I could think about was my borborygmi (got to love that word). Which brings me to my lunch today. So, it turns out (in case you were unaware), I came to a country where anything quick to eat involves a baguette and unfortunately, that does not really work for me. So, I was looking for something to eat, and unfortunately, there was nothing ideal.
My friend Elizabeth had the brilliant idea that I should just eat ice cream to hold me over until we returned to the IES center. So, I asked a guy at the brasserie for a scoop of ice cream, and he pulled out a "carnet" (cone) and I of course said "pas de carnet" and he looked confused and then gave me my ice cream in... a wine glass. Elizabeth luckily had her camera ready (no worries, that picture will come!). Upon returning to the IES center, I ate some of the food I had bought and kept in the fridge. And, two thumbs up for "yaourt de pamplemousse" (grapefruit yogurt). And with that, I will sign off. Pictures to come later!
A demain!

No comments: