Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Feeling Rather French Today

This morning I got up and got ready for school like most mornings and luckily I am a mildly neurotic person and like to be on time. So, I decided to take the 9:09 bus for my 10 o'clock class (it takes about 20min from when the bus leaves til when I arrive). About 5 min before I left, my host mother tells me that there is a transportation strike (how french). I then walked to class (which takes a little less than 40 min but luckily I was planning on being early and had the extra time). I was planning on going to the big grocery store one of these days but was essentially out of lunch foods so I went to Marché Plus and bought galettes (the shells) and made myself a ham and cheese galette (how Breton). Walking back from IES, I saw (for the first time since arriving) a man wearing a beret. I felt pretty awesome covering 3 stereotypes of the French before 1 pm.
Unfortunately, I have to walk back to IES this evening and then go to the opera and some how, get home.

Yesterday, I had Aquagym. It was kind of bizarre but still quite fun. I was hoping my biceps would be sore, but no luck. Oh well! Its all students in the class but its taught by an older woman. Yet, enjoyable!

A plus tard
Laura

No comments: