Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Afternoon=Finished for the Week

So, overall this week was quite enjoyable. Wednesdays I don't have class until 2 pm so I got up and got dressed to run (and it was cold enough to wear long sleeve underarmour!!) and my host mom asked me what I was doing. I was like "I'm going running like I always do" and she was super confused because it was "raining" (not even drizzling, just a little misty). Apparently, French people rarely run. If they do run, they never run in the streets, only in parks, and never ever in the rain. Well, I showed them my Americain-ness running in the streets in the rain, wearing white running shoes and shorts! Thursday, I pretty much chilled after my 8 am class and then ran and went to trampoline. We practiced jumping up and then landing on your stomach and bouncing to your feet. It is hard because you want to put down your elbows but if you do it will hurt your back alot more! It was really fun, but since I ran to trampoline, I was wearing shorts and my knees are a little ripped up.
Moral of the story: France is a very relaxing place to live, especially as there is very little homework and lots of fun stuff to do.
Tomorrow we are going to Mont St Michel and St Malo for a field trip! Both are supposed to be amazing. And now, I am going to go to carrefour to buy food!
A plus tard,
Laura

No comments: