Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oh dear, its been awhile.

Wow. I can't believe its been 10 days since I last updated. Since then, I went to the Chateaux de la Loire with my program/my friends! Wow are they cool!
I loved the gardens of Villandry (it was so nice just to be outside again, not to mention the walk I took in the woods!)
Amboise had, by far, the best most interesting tour. Plus I got to see Leonardo Da Vinci (well his tomb, same concept really).
But my favorite above all was Chenonceau. it is a bridge over (untroubled) water. In case you didn't know, I have recently been shopping to buy a château. Before I really was considering this one I found that has 35 bedrooms. But, now I am considering Chenonceau just on account of the coolness factor. I'm not sure if I would be able to actually buy it but you know, I can try. But not only did Chenonceau have the awe factor but it also had amazing gardens and lots of woods! Theoretically for hunting but they would be amazing for running and walking and I'm sure the dogs would love it! Ha.
To keep the update relatively short, this past week, my family was here (Mom, Dad and sister)! And what fun! We hung in Nantes for a couple days then when down to the Bordeaux/Borgogne wine region. I learned so much about wine, it was absolutely beautiful and I ate amazing food the entire time they were here. Oh, and it was fun to see the family (and wow them with my acquired mad french skills. Ha).
Pictures to come soon! (Sooner than 10 days!)
A plus tard!
Laura

No comments: