Thursday, December 4, 2008

Laura = Bad Blogger

Okay, its been a very long time since I've written anything. Sorry!

So what has happened since going to Italy?
2 midterms, 2 papers, and in the midst of a third paper due on Tuesday. Then, finals. Yes, that is correct, finals start next Friday. I leave Nantes for Paris in two weeks. That is so scary. I am not ready to go home yet! I just got here.
So, Advent in France is very pretty. There are decorations everywhere. And in the centre-ville there is a Christmas market (marché de Noël) with a lot of mini- "Châlets" that sell crafts and vin chaud (hot wine) and chocolat chaud and so many other delicious looking things. Many of which I can't eat. (Really, I have decided Celiac is a good thing because I really don't think that I would have enough will power to resist all the pasteries and now all the Christmas goodies... but problem solved, can't eat them. It helps me not gain 300 lbs).

Pictures of the châlets and decorations and stuff will probably come tomorrow or Saturday. Now, I really do have to get back to this prehistoric archeology paper.

Many happy Advent thoughts,
Laura

PS My sister and I are making an advent calendar of Phil the Penguin. Every day I send my sister what Phil is doing for advent and she draws it.
http://adventofphil.blogspot.com

No comments: